About This Course
Welcome to the Robert O’Brien Online Neck Reset Course. This course, presented by Michael Bashkin of Bashkin Guitars, will teach you everything you need to know to do a professional neck reset on a guitar. Michael shows you how to do this highly skilled task while demonstrating each step on a 1957 Martin D-18. Everything from diagnosis, evaluation, calculating the desired amount of neck angle, removing the neck, correcting the joint and neck angle and re-stringing the guitar is covered in high definition and it great detail. The course contains almost 2 hours of quality video instructions with all the ins and outs of how to do a professional neck reset. It will pay for itself many times over the first time you use the techniques Michael teaches in this course.
- How to know if your guitar needs a neck reset
- Can the neck on my guitar be reset?
- Things that can be done to avoid a neck reset
- How to calculate the correct neck angle and action
- How to remove a neck
- How to correct the dovetail joint fit
- How to re-attach the neck
- Fretwork after a reset
- Finish issues
- Fretboard extension shims
Please read the FAQ page before beginning. To begin just register/login and purchase the video lessons. You may then either stream or download the videos.
It has never been easier to learn how to do a neck reset. Happy Building!